You can tell a lot about a man, from his transition bag
Monday, August 29, 2005
- Towel 1, Towel 2 (I don't actually towel off, I use one to lay everything out on, and have the second 20"x30" for wiping my feet if need be)
- Goggles x 2 (just in case)
- Swim cap
- Tri-shorts (usually on when I go down)
- Race Belt + Number
- Body Glide
- Wetsuit
- Bike/Run Shirt
- Face cloth
- Bike (duh)
- On Bike = Pump, extra tube, repair kit (hopefully, I will never need this)
- Allen Keys (usually for last minute brake adjustments)
- Helmet
- Sunglasses
- Bike Shoes
- Socks for running (my preference - I go barefoot on the bike)
- Running Shoes
- Bottle - Gatorade (on bike)
- Bottle - Water (on bike)
- Bottle - Water (loose for Transition if need-be)
- Watch (usually on when I go down)
- Pump (big one, keep in car)
- Money (about $20-30 just in case)
- 2 Plastic Bags (in case its raining, to keep shoes dry in Transition)
- Fuel - for me, it's my Jam Sandwiches, pre-portioned in little baggies.
- After Race outfit - shirt & shorts & walking shoes (all usually on when I go down)
- Clean underwear for afterwards!
What's in your bag of goodies???