Got Yankz?
I've always known about Yankz, Speedlaces and the like, and I finally picked up a pair of Yankz on Saturday.
I participate in a weekly Duathlon training series (3K Run, 15K Bike, 3K Run). We get on average about 15-20 people out, it's a great event and great practice. Last night was going to be the test for my new Yankz.
All I can say is: Holy Cow, these things are well worth it. I was able to slip in and out of each shoe with little effort. I'm glad I got them.
And by the way, here were the splits: (keep in mind it was HOT, HAZY, HUMID and WINDY - several people didn't start the second run).
Run 1 (3K) - 12:35, T1 - 00:32, Bike (15 K) - 29:42, T2 - 00:21, Run 2 (3K) - 14:18, Total - 57:30
These were by far my fastest transitions. Slow time overall due to the weather, but I'm confident I can beat my sub 53:00 goal now in part because of improved transitions.
Friday Morning Swim
Again, this morning, I got up at the crack of dawn to head down to Meech Lake for the Friday morning swim. I was ready to do three loops of the island (approx 700m per loop, 2100 m total distance). I started my first loop with a vengance - but had to stop twice to fix my goggles - 12:10, my second loop I took it easy - but was feeling very fatigued towards the end - 14:20. I decided to call it a day at that. I've been a bit heavy in the training lately, and am looking forward to some downtime over the weekend.
Puzzling side-note:
When I first tried a wetsuit (Rubber Rules, June 03), I had timed myself in a Hwy Nineteen Pipeline wetsuit at 11:26 for a loop of the island - this is my fastest time. I wonder if I've made the right decision with the Orca Speedsuit.