The triathlon training blog of Phil Barnes

Fireworks Exploding in the Distance

It was a heck of a way to end a topsy-turvy week. A fantastic duathlon last night. Personal Best time by a minute. Gotta love-it when the humidity breaks and the wind doesn't blow.

I crossed the finish, hit split on my watch, looked down and yelled out in glee.

Only one minute shy of my goal for the year. I can shave 15 seconds of the first run, 10 seconds off T1 (slow last night because I was helping someone with their bike), 30 seconds off the Bike, 10 seconds off Run 2 - and I'll be there!

Last day at work today for 2 weeks! Long overdue holidays. Nothing too big planned - a couple of days in Montreal, a couple of days camping, a couple of days with family and friends. I'll have my race in Brockville next Sunday, and after that we'll probably get some good long rides done in Gatineau Park.

I'm going to take a vacation from the blog too - so, in true Tri-Blogging style, here are some gratuitous, cute kid photos...


Laura's favourite birthday present.


The Trail-a-Bike


Beach Bums - cooperation caught on film!


Fear nothing!


Getting ready for Canada Day fireworks


Andrew, Guylaine, Me, My lil Sis Jo and Laura


Good night everybody, see you in 2 weeks.