Blair Road
Thursday, August 11, 2005
GMap Pedometer: http://tinyurl.com/7cu3u
Fuelled with a massive portion of Chicken and Ribs and carbed up with 2 beers, I set out for a run after putting the kids down. This was the first real run in a while, and I hadn't really planned it - but yesterday, I had a good bike ride, I had a great swim, so why not go for the Trifecta. I left the house at 8:30PM and realized summer is ending soon, as it was already very dark out.
I set out nice and easy.
1K - 5:15... 2K - 5:05... Somewhere between 2 and 2.5 I got the notion that I was going to conquer Blair Road hill. No... Yes... No... Yes... C'Mon!... Are You Nuts?... OK, if I hit 2.5K sub 2:30, I'll do it.
2:29
Ok, I guess we're doing it.
...and I did do it... and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought... and it felt great.
The Blair Road Hill is 1.7 KM long, I don't know the elevation profile, but it's the biggest hill this side of the Gatineau Hills that I know of. Descending on a bike starts of as fun, then thrilling, then terrifying.
I took splits along the way, but somehow erased them. My final time for 8.1K was 43:09.