A Little Light in the Training Lately
Tuesday, June 07, 2005
I've been a little light in the training lately. Saturday was spent travelling to Oshawa for my Great Aunt and Uncle's 60th anniversary. Sunday was spent diggin' a hole...huh?
We got an inflatable 12' diameter pool for the kids. So Guylaine and I spent a good 4 hours digging a hole 12' by 3" deep - and then filling it with sand to give it a soft level base. -- 4 hours? Yes, 4 hours.
I wonder how many loops of the pool I need to do for 1,500 m???
Am I going to work this out??
Of course, I'm a geek:
Circumference of Pool = PI * d = 3.14 x 12 ' = 37 feet
1,500m = 4920 feet
4920 feet / 37 feet per loop = 133 loops.
...but back to reality...
I did manage an easy 4K run in the evening - Tour de Beacon Hill - up Shefford Road to Ogilvie. Why only 4K? .... well, I had to get home to do the dishes and make the lunches.