1500 meter time trial = same result as three years ago!
Tuesday, March 31, 2015
I don't always swim 1500 meters straight in the pool, but when I do, you can bet I'm going to time it! Today at lunch, I stared at the wide open empty lane in front of me, and said - "let's see what we got".
The splits (it was a continuous swim, but I managed to split the stop watch every 500m):
| Split | Distance | Time | Pace /100m | Total Distance | Total Time | Cumulative Pace /100m | Note |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| 1 | 500m | 08:36.15 | 1:43 | 500m | 08:36.15 | 1:43 | Felt good - Bilateral breathing. Didn't go out too hard. |
| 2 | 500m | 08:36.71 | 1:43 | 1000m | 17:12.86 | 1:43 | Whoa - pretty much exact same split. Surprising. This 500m, I was mostly breathing to the right going up and to the left coming down. |
| 3 | 500m | 08:45.35 | 1:45 | 1500m | 25:58.21 | 1:44 | Interesting. Didn't fall off that much. Felt more tired for sure. Flip turns and push offs were weak. |
Very odd that this is exactly the same time I had the last time I timed 1500m swim on December 13, 2012. It's somewhat reassuring to see that my splits were much more even this time around that last. It may have taken 11+ years of triathlon training, but I think I am starting to get the hang of proper pacing.
