The triathlon training blog of Phil Barnes

Mystery workout... Can you guess what it is?

Ever since I got my new toy (Garmin Forerunner 301), I've been thinking about what I can measure with the GPS. During what activities can I monitor my heart rate.

It's kind of like when you get a digital camera... You take a bazillion pictures of things you never intend to develop. Some pictures you hope never make it on to the Internet.

Last night, I monitored my heart during a "mystery workout". I've secretly wanted to monitor this particular activity. And yes, I'm man enough to put the results online.

Enjoy!



Can you guess what it is? Here are some clues



* I was thinking about it all day at work.

* I've been putting it off for a few days now.

* It's been over a week since the last time I did it.

* I think Canadians do this more often than any other nationality.

* I had to blow off my mag-trainer workout to get it in.

* I had to wait until the kids were in bed.

* When I started, to be honest, I wanted it to be over with as soon as possible, so that I could go to sleep.

* I got a little bored about half way through.

* At one point, I did an odd maneuver and almost put my back out.

* I was by myself when I did it (my wife has a class on Tuesday nights).

* I'm pretty sure that the Kahuna doesn't need to do it - perhaps he's never done it.

* I could hear someone else down the street doing it... were they ever groaning!

Come, on... get your mind out of the gutter



I was shovelling the snow off the driveway.