The triathlon training blog of Phil Barnes

Back on the mag-trainer

The outdoor cycling season has officially come to an end. I dusted off the mag-trainer last night, and had an easy spin while watching TV. Guylaine ran beside me on the treadmill. I wasn't entirely motivated, and I don't really have my training plan put together, but I wanted to do some exercise - to burn off the extra "snacking calories" I had treated myself to in the afternoon.

45 minutes was about as much as I could handle (for the first session of the year) - not for exhaustion, but for boredom. I do like the mag-trainer, and I had many-a-good session last year, it'll just take me a while to get into it.

I wore my heart rate monitor and averaged a measly 110. Which doesn't even put me into Zone 1 (according to this calculator http://www.fitzones.com/heartratecalc.htm ) Better than nothing though ???

Swimming tonight.