The triathlon training blog of Phil Barnes

14 K Run

We enjoyed a nice family weekend. Saturday, Andrew was at a birthday party in the early afternoon- so that let Guylaine and I enjoy Laura all to ourselves for a while. Afterwards we headed down to Cornwall for the evening - went out to dinner with some friends.

The next day, Guylaine and I went out for our usual Cornwall run - loops around a 1.75 Km yet-to-be-developed industrial park road. Now, I'm a faster runner than Guylaine, but lately, she's been upping the distance, and can now do 10K with little effort. We set off together, but quickly separated, we'd smile and "finger-shoot" each time we passed on the out-and-back. As I was about 1/3 finished the "back" portion of my 7th loop, I could see Guylaine at the start/finish line.

"Please call it a day, please call it a day, please call it a day.." I was thinking in my head... Duup-de-duup-de-dooo... sure enough, she rounded the corner and headed out for a 6th loop - meaning, I'd need to do an 8th to finish at the same time.... so I did.

Here were the splits. (It didn't feel I was running particularly fast at the time, but I am pretty happy with the splits after tri-geek-analysis).



Oh, and another lesson learned this weekend: Don't play soccer with a basketball... I think I broke my right toe! Well no, not broke... but damn, it hurts.