The triathlon training blog of Phil Barnes

No Offence, But You Stink

Last night's duathlon was another good effort for me (although, I'm sliding further back on the results sheet).

Pos Name Run1 3K T1 Bike 15K T2 Run2 3K TOTAL
7 Phil B 12:25 00:55 28:32 00:32 13:31 55:57

There was a strong wind on the bike, so that hurt overall time. I was happy with Run 2, as I pushed through the discomfort and went about as fast as I could.

When I got home, Guylaine had my supper ready (thanks), and then she dropped this gem on me, when I went to give her a hug:


No Offence, But You Stink
I'm guessing she isn't a fan of the sweet smell of an honest workout.


Friday Morning Swim


Again today, I rose at 5:05, for the 6 AM swim at Meech Lake. I'd been teasing myself with a "Beach-to-Beach" effort (Blanchet Beach to O'Brien Beach - approx 3.8 k a.k.a 2.4 miles a.k.a. Iron Distance). I talked myself out of it in bed last night - feeling somewhat fatigued by the du.

Instead, this morning I opted for "Island Loops". There is a cottage on an Island just off the beach. A round trip loop is 700m give/take depending on how straight you can swim.

So, wrapped in my new Orca Speedsuit, I set off.

Today, I did 3 loops: Loop 1 = 12:01 (1:43/100m), Loop 2 = 13:02 (1:51/100), Loop 3 = 13:10 (1:52/100) - Approx 1:49/100m for 2,100m distance. I'll take it. I wasn't pushing too hard, so that's pretty decent.

Conversions and paces calculated with my Triathlon Conversion Calculator

Map created using Gmaps Pedometer -- the coolest online tool out there for TriGeeks.