Lucky Number Seven
Friday, July 29, 2005
I picked up my race kit last night for tomorrow's Triathlon. I'm always anxious to find out what number I'll be wearing. It obviously makes no difference, but I'm always excited to find out, and to say it out loud like they did on the Ironman 2004 broadcast: Phil Barnes.... Racer Number XXX.Well, imagine my suprise, when I pulled this gem out of the bag:
Cool.
Last night's duathlon
I forced myself to take it easy. I ran really slow with the back-of-the pack on Run 1, I didn't let myself go over 30K on the bike, and I skipped the last run. I was happy with my restraint - and oddly enough, it was a very interesting experience racing at a slow pace - almost enjoyable ;-)
Most importantly, my left foot (which had been bothering me early in the week), felt fine.