The triathlon training blog of Phil Barnes

Shaved off a few more seconds

Another great turnout for the duathlon last night. The weather looked a little sketchy at first, the wind was slight and blowing East making a slow first part of the ride, but a fast return leg.

Heading into T1, I was tied for 3rd with Dave, but he beat me out and set a fast pace on the bike. I thought I'd catch him maybe by kilometer 5 - I never did, he kept a constant 30 second gap on me. I held back a bit on the bike, after last weeks' spill, but I wasn't overly nervous. I'll reel him on the last run, I thought... but he just dissapeared, leaving me to eat his dust. I finished with a season best of 55:08, good enough for fourth.

The splits:
Run 1 (3K)12:37
T1 0:45
Bike (15K)27:55
T2 0:44
Run 2 (3K)13:05
Total55:08