The triathlon training blog of Phil Barnes

...Did I say 17? I meant 16.5

The Champagne Fitness Centre is closed still for annual maintenance. This is putting a serious damper on my lunch time swim training. In lieu, I've been doing some time trials along Colonel By Parkway. Sussex to Hog's Back Road, and back again.

I went out for a ride again today. Turns out the course is only 16.5 K, with a 500 m recover leg down Rideau Street to the office. (But who's counting). The wind was a cross wind today, hindering both the ascent and descent - so average time up was approx average time down.

Here's a pic of me in action. Ok... actually, it's not me -- it's Robbie McEwan, who is probably my favourite "Tour" rider. He'll never win the Tour, but he's probably got the most heart. I loved his wheelie at the end of Alpe d'Huez last year: Epic.