Disrespect?
Monday, June 12, 2006
My first (and perhaps only) triathlon of the year is on Saturday. Olympic distance. 1500m swim, 40K bike, 10K run. I'm not nervous. I don't have any expectations for this race except to enjoy it. Last year, I would have been totally freaking out. But, now, I have 2 of these races under the belt, and the distance doesn't bother me.My goal, is to finish and to try and enjoy it. I haven't had the time to (over)train. This year will be a bit of an off year due to the new job... and the move... and the billion other things on the go. I'll be back next year in full force with a proper plan to wreak havoc on my new age group.
This weekend's training was minimal. A brief bike ride in the cold, that included a trip on the OBC Time Trial course. I clocked in at 29:00 with 32km/hr average, which is better than it looks because of the horrendous wind; yet still 3:45 off my best.