Reality Check
Tuesday, August 09, 2005
Yesterday, I wrote that I was in a slump - I vented and I whined - really, I wasn't looking for support or help - I just wanted to write down my thoughts at that time. Help may have come via an anonymous comment.Anonymous touched on 2 main themes
1) It is arrogant for me to think that 50% is not good enough.
2) I don't know how to train properly.
Here's the reality check - for 2 years now, I've been
The question I didn't ask myself back then - the question, that I am finally asking myself now is:
Do I want to
a) be more than a top 50% (local) triathlete
b) be a husband and father, have a personal life, do well at work, keep fit and enjoy participating in triathlons as a hobby.
For some people those two options are not mutually exclusive. For me, I think they are. It's one or the other - and obviously I'm going to choose b.
What I need to do now:
a) Put together a plan. Put an end to the smash-and-grab training approach. Find a plan that I can work into my lifestyle.
b) Move on.