The triathlon training blog of Phil Barnes

Uh Oh



Not a great weekend for training - parental/family duties come first of course. I squeeze in whatever I can. Saturday night, after the kids were tucked in, I hit the treadmill for a easy-medium 10K.

My left foot didn't feel right (that's baaad)... My left foot didn't feel good from the start, and being the stubborn man that I am, I just pushed through it. Believe me I am regretting it now. I don't know what has happened, but I have serious discomfort around the ankle and pushing up into my calf. I can walk on it now (I couldn't after my run), I'm hoping it will magically dissapear as magically as it appeared.

....and hopefully soon.



I may be making an emergency Triathlon substitution.

I had intended on doing the Cornwall Olympic Triathlon on August 14th - but, I may have to cancel as Laura, has her very first birthday party invitation, and we'd hate to be out of town to miss it. As a substitute, I'm thinking about the National Capital Tri here in Ottawa. THIS SATURDAY!

I'm not certain that I'm even ready for this event, I've had a really wonky training schedule over the last 2 months. I will use it as a training event for the Thousand Islands triathlon, in my home-town of Brockville, later this summer.

Swim 1500 meters - Check
Bike 40 K - Check
Run 10 K - Check
Put it all together.... oh boy, I sure hope so.

Well, I've got about 6 hours to make up my mind - as online registration closes today!