Team Time Trial
Wednesday, June 29, 2005
It's shaping up to be the week of Time Trial madness, I got 3 in at lunch last week, one yesterday at lunch, one in the evening last night (setting a PB for the year), and then today - a team time trial.Actually, it was only me and another guy from work, Greg, who has been promising to come out for a while now - but always finds an excuse. But to his credit he came out today. Since it was his first time on the course, he hung back and drafted, which was ok. I told him, I'd go easy... I couldn't help it... I was about 85% effort half-way up, he was right in behind me, so I boosted it to 95%. On the way back it was beteen 95 and 100% effort. We had a great ride, averaging 35 km/hr. My average heart rate was 156.
Jakob Piil, earned my respect in last year's tour with a couple of gutsy breaks.... but he's not on the Tour this year. (details here)