The triathlon training blog of Phil Barnes

Last night's Du

Another record breaking turnout for last night's duathlon. Fortunately, at least 2 regular speedsters were missing, allowing me to squeek in to 7th place.

I was 4th most of the fisrt run, behind a fast pack of 3. Dave B, was right behind my shoulder the whole time - I was toying with him, a bit - speeding up, slowing down - but I couldn't lose him, nor get him to pass me - until we came to the last hill before T1 - where he did this thing, I can't really describe, but essentially, leaped up the hill - "You long-legged bastard! I called out." ..his response.. "Ahh, a skiing trick my friend - fast and efficient" (whatever he did, I've got to try and figure it out 'cause it was pretty cool).

Out of T1, and I'm 5th. Bike was going OK, until we hit the wind -- and then I was passed by 1,2,3,4 people just like that - I did pass one person though. Into T2 in 8th - out of T2 in 7th, I pass Andrew C on the last run, only to get passed by Phil Marsh like I was standing still. I hit the finish in 7th place.

The Splits:

Run 1 (3K)12:12
T11:01
Bike (15K) + T229:28
Run 2 (3K)13:31
Total56:14


Not a great time, but the wind was brutal.