The Plan
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
I have never had a plan. Smash and Grab. Swim, Bike, Run, Rinse, Repeat, Over Train, Under train, Mis-train. Burn out. Feel sorry for myself. Binge.The fact is, my life is too hectic to adhere to a plan. Maybe that's just an excuse for being too lazy to get up earlier.
First "race" of the year in less than T-minus 4 weeks: 1/2 Marathon.
I'm not nervous, but I know I'm not ready. Training has been "thin" for the past 2 weeks. I think I have a good base. Lacking in the 'Interval' side and perhaps too heavy in the 'Tempo' department.
A quick Google search for 4 week half-marathon plan... of course nothing. But I have taken it upon myself to adapt, Hal Higdon's 12 week Intermediate plan.
It looks a little like this...
| Week | Mon | Tue | Wed | Thu | Fri | Sat | Sun |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| 9 | 10 K Run (Med) | 8 km run | 3000 m swim | 6 x 400 5-K pace | 15K Easy Run | Rest | Leisure Bike |
| 10 | 1000 m swim +Med Bike | 8 km run | 3000 m swim | 45 min tempo | Rest | 8 km pace | 16 K Easy run |
| 11 | 1000 m swim + Med Bike | 8 km run | 3000 m swim | 7 x 400 5-K pace | Rest | 5 km pace | 17 K Easy run |
| 12 | 1000 m swim + Easy Bike | 6 km run | 30 min tempo | 1000 m swim | Rest | Half Marathon | Rest! |
Wish me luck.