Real Biking... kind of.
Spring is finally here. Guylaine and I headed outside on a glorious Saturday afternoon for a bike ride. I don't think we had an official destination in mind... I was just hoping to go long.The landmarks ticked by... Blue Anchor... Hamilton Island... Charlottenburgh Park... Cooper Marsh... Raisin River... Looks like it's gonna be Lancaster.
25K out, and 25K back. A cool half-century (metric). Not bad for the first outside ride.
Interesting notes:
1) I rode my hybrid - new Conti backtire and tune-up. I like this bike. I think I will own this bike until I die.
2) Outside riding = easier than inside riding. We weren't kicking up a tremendous pace (22km/hr avg), but I instantly noticed the effort level was much less than my Tacx. I have been feeling a little depressed about the power-output and distances reported on the Tacx, but clearly, it is out of calibration. I don't think I broke 100 bpm heart rate all day - so that holds well for the upcoming season.
3) Can't wait for a chance to take out the real bike, and hammer.
4) It was somewhat dissapointing to see only 4 other cyclists out.