The triathlon training blog of Phil Barnes

Cornwall Cyclocross Race

Despite what it looks like, I didn't ride through the curling centre and I didn't ride on the water.

I'm not sure what I'm most proud of: the fact that I wasn't DFL, or the fact that I didn't (accidentally) cut any of the course this year.

It was a nice, cool, but dry day morning for the Masters-B race. I started in dead-last position, but happened to pass quite a few folks. My dream of finishing on the lead lap came to an abrupt end, on my 4th lap when I got caught by the leaders. I was happy to share the bell lap with them. The last lap was probably my fastest, as I rode hard to limit the number of times I was passed. In doing so, I even lapped a chap who was slower than me.

The link to Training Peaks.

PosBibNameClubTimeGapCatLap 1Lap 2Lap 3Lap 4Lap 5
69407BARNES, Philindependent0:50:10-1 lapMB17:0811:0610:5710:59 -

Final position 69 out of 85. (only got lapped by 13 guys this time).