The triathlon training blog of Phil Barnes

April Training, Exposed

Exposed!

The swim is bang-on. I feel confident in endurance threshold. The run has been deliberately low-key and at a slow-pace. The MS Run gave me confidence that I could run a decent "half" and recover quickly based on 3-4 times per week of less intense running. The bike still leaves room to be desired. The weather has been crap and I don't want to get on the trainer, just to train (yet). Weekends have been busy, and so no big LSD on bike or run either. That's likely going to change in May. Overall pretty happy with fitness and energy level. Last night's du was a good test also: bike was pretty good despite wearing my jacket; run off the bike was one of the fastest yet.

I'm woefully behind in volume compared to "Supercoach" but I'm not concerned ... yet.