The triathlon training blog of Phil Barnes

Pineapple Roctane



I'm starting to accept the fact that Goos and Gels are going to help me along the way in my Marathon. In 6 years of "multisporting", I've only ever consumed 6 and a half "gels" in total. 4 were bloody awful, 1 was so-so (Apple-Cinnamon Car Boom), but my sixth... actually, not bad at all: Gu Pineapple Roctane.

It was during a hilly 20K run on Saturday, that I "ripped-it" at the 10K mark. Sure enough, it tasted not too bad. I think I actually felt the benefits of it, as I was able to run a steady pace for the remainder of the run.

I've been on a big pineapple kick lately, my thirst for pineapple is somewhat insatiable. I bought 3 of these such Gu-s a few weeks ago. At the risk of never being able to stomach pineapple again, I think I'll bring the remaining 2 of them on the marathon with me.