The triathlon training blog of Phil Barnes

It's Official

You have successfully registered for an event in the
Ottawa Race Weekend being held May 29 and 30, 2010.

Payment has been received/Confirmation d'inscription:
Phil Barnes is registered for
Ottawa Race Weekend Ottawa Marathon
Why am I doing this? I think I figured it out, while talking to another runner the other day.

I'm doing it, to "Get it out of the way". I honestly don't really like training SO much. I'm convinced that I never want to do another marathon. I know that it's going to hurt. I'm certain I am doing it, just to get it out of the way. Once I've done this, I can return to enjoying running as a hobby. Sure, I'll do races here and there, but until I satisfy myself that I've tried it and done it, I'll always be wondering, and it will always be clouding my mind.

Fortunately, I don't feel the same way about Ironman...





...yet.