The triathlon training blog of Phil Barnes

The Book of Philip, Chapter 9 Verse 24


Aston Martin Vanquish (car), not to be confused
with my Speedo Vanquisher (goggles)
I'm not even sure if there is a book of Philip, I probably could have Googled it, but I spent too much time already looking for the picture of the car. The title is merely a clever way for me to record my latest 500m Swimming Time Trial result: 9 minutes and 24 seconds. Bleh. I definitely must have missed 2 lengths last week. This week's effort was pretty solid up until 300 meters. Final pace time was 1:52/100m as per the Triathlon Conversion Calculator.

I was feeling a little adventurous today and threw in a 100m IM for old-time's sake, and that's when the characteristically loyal Speedo Vanquishers uncharacteristically filled with water 5 meters into the Butterfly; to the point where I, again uncharacteristically, emptied them mid-set.