The triathlon training blog of Phil Barnes

When the kids are away, the parents will play


Don't get me wrong. We love our kids. We do. But, it was sure nice when they went to stay with their grand parents for a whole week (Wednesday to Wednesday).

Normally our workouts are tag-team efforts. Guylaine will go for a ride, while I stay with the kids, she tags me when she gets back, and off I go. To sneak a workout in longer than an hour is a real treat. So imagine what it's like to get multiple long workouts in together!

Especially neat was our trek into Gatineau Park, including an assault on Camp Fortune.

We even cleaned the garage... I installed Guylaine's new chain, aerobars, pedals and mounted cleats on her shoes... two new bike computers for me, calibrated another, cleaned and lubed the drive-trains on a bunch of bikes... what a week.