The triathlon training blog of Phil Barnes

Is the right one shorter, or the left one longer?

I had a very informative meeting today with a Chiropodist. The goal of which was to provide some insight into why the top of my foot has started aching.

I had assumed I would be fitted with an orthotic. Not yet. Although I have a high arch - it is still within the normal range.

What I do have, is a right leg which is 1/2 inch shorter than my left leg. The solution, is a heal lift.



In addition, I have been zealously over-fitted with pronation control shoe that I should not be using.

I should only be using Neutral shoes.

It was very interesting to hear this guy talk about the mechanics of foot movement. For once... it all made sense.

I even asked about Newton's - Interesting response. I think I'll stick with regular shoes.