The triathlon training blog of Phil Barnes

T Minus 1 'till Le Tour

I love the Tour de France. I've been addicted to it for the last 3 years. I admit, I don't follow pro cycling (at all) other than the Tour. In Canada, the OLN coverage is outstanding. It all kicks off tomorrow with the Prologue. A 7.1Km Time Trial. Average expected speed is (get this) 52km/hr (for the metrically challenged, that's 32MPH). Outstanding.

For the record, here are my picks (Based solely on emotion, no research or scientific analysis):

Yellow Jersey - Ivan Basso (Powered by the golden nod of Lance)
King of the Mountains - Michael Rassmussen (he earned it last year)
Green Jersey - Robbie McEwan (My tour favourite - will he pull a wheelie again at the top of Alpe d'Huez?)
White Jersey - Can't remember any of the young guys
Team - CSC... powered by those beautiful Canadian Cervelos.

Get it all here: http://www.letour.com